Saturday, January 15, 2011

BLISS = crushed strawberries + pancakes + maple syrup + kids

So this morning we decided a pajama breakfast party with pancakes was in order - its been a tough week!  I don't know how many people can even make pancakes without pancake mix anymore, but I turned to my trusty cookbook (thanks Granny) for this recipe:

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups sifted flour (I like King Arthur's organic)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar (cane only if you please)
2 eggs (thank you White Gate Gardens)
1 cup sour milk (I didn't have any, so I used un-soured milk and added a tsp of lemon juice)
1 tbsp melted butter

Method:
Sift dry ingredients together
Beat eggs, add sour milk and butter together
Add milk mixture to dry ingredients gradually, beating until smooth
Drop from spoon into heated greased pan, brown both sides

For the top, I cut some strawberries in half and then crushed them in a bowl using a heavy plastic cup. We spooned the strawberries onto our pancakes and laced them with maple syrup. 

We are still licking our fingers, bad manners I know, and I guess its time to get dressed but it has been the perfect start to this day and my to-do list can wait just a little while longer - it's not going anywhere and you know what?  Neither am I . . .

4 comments:

  1. Found it----Love it ---- Well done ----- Playing with words as only you can---Love the recipes - Can't wait to try the pancakes and soup ---"speak" soon - Lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny that I stumbled on your blog today, after having coached my daughter and her friend through making pancakes with strawberries and maple syrup, after their sleepover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bestesttootles - I hope they were super D-licious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm looks yummilicious! winter is coming to us one of these days, we don't have snow to contend with but the rain will keep us indoors so pancakes will surely life our spirits, can't wait to try it out ... and lick my fingers when I am done!

    ReplyDelete