Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Surviving Sleet

Here we are again, are you ready to celebrate another storm in New England with me?  Ready to break out the baking pans and punctuate these days with some delicious decadence?  Are you, like me, determined to embrace the gifts of today regardless of how much snow there is to shovel?  And since there has been A LOT of snow to shovel, I feel the need to put the calories back in my body lest I wither away to nothingness and we can't have that, can we? 

It just so happens that conveniently - I love it when this happens - my calorie craving has coincided with a cheesecake craving!  And not just any cheese cake - I want a BAKED cheesecake!  What good is a cold day of wintry mix if you aren't going to at least turn the oven on?  So, this is my special choice for this little winter storm:

Philadelphia Double-Chocolate Cheesecake



Ingredients:
24 OREO Cookies, crushed (about 2 cups)
1/4 cup  (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, melted
4 pkg (8 oz each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup  sugar
2 tbsp flour
1 tsp  vanilla
2 tbsp (heaped) cocoa
1/2 cup blueberries
Method:
  • Heat oven to 325ºF.
  • Mix crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of 13x9-inch foil-lined pan. Bake 10 min.
  • Beat cream cheese, sugar, flour cocoa and vanilla with mixer until well blended.  Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.
  • Bake 45 min. or until center is almost set. Cool completely. Refrigerate 4 hours. Use foil to lift cheesecake from pan. Top with berries.
Enjoy!  A few more snow storms accompanied with decadent ideas and we may just have turned this winter around, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment