Sunday, February 27, 2011

Wondering about Winter Land

Okay, so in keeping with my promise, because I know you are all sitting at your computers waiting patiently for this very post - here is a recipe to help us endure the next dusting.  Last time I wrote about how the last time would be the last dusting, a bit optimistic I know for February but I am a glass half full kind a gal and I thought I could will it so with words.  Turns out the pen may be mightier than the sword but the mightiest of all is precipitation!

So today, since its Sunday, I thought a brunch would be a good idea.  I posted about a fruit salad on Facebook last night, that could be included too or you could just add some berries or chopped up apple to the batter - here we go:

New England Griddle Cakes (fitting, don't you think?)

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups sifted flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups milk (use sour milk if you have, or even buttermilk)
3 tbsp melted butter

Method
  • Sift dry ingredients together
  • Beat egg, milk and butter together
  • Add liquid mixture to dry mixture, stirring constantly to keep it smooth
  • Drop the batter by spoonfuls onto a hot greased griddle.  Cook slowly until top is full of tiny bubbles and the underside is brown.
  • Turn and brown the other side and serve with hot maple syrup - makes 2 dozen small cakes.  Add sliced banana or fruit if you like!  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment