Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Eat, Nourish, Cleanse - Official Day 3

I am not sure how much information to share on this blog, how honest is honest?  Yesterday was horrible, and last night I had to get up and change my pajamas because I found I was sweating and getting cold.  There.  I said it, is that too honest?

Today, however, is a new day.  I am feeling much better - not skipping and singing better, but definitely better.  Good thing too because it is my son's birthday - so here comes the real test because he wants to go out for dinner for his birthday, and it is a big birthday, he is turning 13!  I wish there were more 13-year old friendly organic restaurants on the South Shore, but we are not there yet, and being 13 he picked the 99.

Now what?  I have been so good, I don't want to cheat now but I can't argue with the birthday boy about restaurant choice, its against the rules.  I poured over the menu and found nothing suitable, the soups of the day (chowder, bisque and french onion) are all laden with dairy/cheese.  The salads all have either bread, croutons, corn, etc. etc. in them and in fact, I couldn't find a vegan options at all although they must have them.  What's a mid-cleanse girl supposed to do? 

Finally, I found their 'gluten-free' menu tucked away at the bottom, and on it they have a herbed salmon fillet served with grilled broccoli, tomato and asparagus.  That sounds cleanse-worthy, don't you think?  So that's what I will do, and with that decision, here is the menu for today:

Breakfast - Green chia smoothie
Snack - Apple
Lunch - Detox herb salad with sardines
Snack - Carrot sticks and Sunbutter
Dinner - Herbed salmon and grilled vegetables

In closing, may I just say that the massaged kale salad on yesterdays menu was the BEST salad I have eaten in ages.  I am definitely making that regularly post cleanse!

No comments:

Post a Comment