Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Eat, Nourish, Cleanse - Pre-Detox Week

So here we are, pre-cleanse week.  Despite a bit of a lapse yesterday which resulted in increased coffee consumption, I am doing pretty good.  I did my 'Circle of Life', I answered the 'Power Questions' and did my 'Pre-Detox Questionnaire' - goodness, so much homework!  I did not bother with my vision board, I didn't think I needed to, I have a pretty good grip on where I am and where I want to be and didn't feel like I was going to achieve any 'eureka' moments, or experience any heightened enlightenment so I ditched it.

I don't pick New Years resolutions, I choose a word that will be my mantra for the year.  My word for this year is 'Intent'.  Which equates to mindfulness I think.  It is about doing something with purpose, on purpose, and having a level of awareness.  Its about thinking about the desired outcome, and deciding consciously where to direct my time and energy, but mostly it is about being present in the moment. 

So for me anyway, this week of pre-cleanse is not just about drinking less coffee, or cutting back on certain foods.  It is about stating my intent, thinking about what I am doing and why, and then preparing mentally to see it through.  This is the first cleanse program or diet I have done where this 'week of mindfulness' is part of the program, and I think I like it.  It's kinda fun taking the time to get ready.  What about you?  Are you finding it helpful?  Or are you impatient to get started?

Having fun outside with the 'intent' of getting some exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment